May 08, 2011

Reflections on Guy's NonSense B'Day Party 2011 May 7!


Dear ALL!

Some party's leave you with a hangover, a real or/and mental one.
Some will stay in mind for years marked by a special moment.
Some are unforgettable because they were unique.
My NonSense B'Day Party 2011 belongs to the last category, at least for me.
And I know that some of my friends like me to quote some events ...so let me do this one.
'It was: ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC'
Hope some pictures will show up...meanwhile I try to comment on people and facts.
Ana, at the other side of the American Continent: so far away and suddenly so close, I'm still flabbergasted, it was The Moment of my B'Day! I will cherish this to eternity!
We were almost calling him the I- (Mac)-rector now he will probably make history as the Rector Chef.
Thanks Andras & Judith.
It's clear that some of you want me to continue writing...well I will... using the utensils you were offering me.
Others don't give a sh... about my diet and think good alcohol will probably inspire my writings even more.
Some are apparently enjoying their private coffee breaks and gave me teas and coffees from the most exotic venues all over the world.
Most of you wanted to inspire me with nice comments, books, brochures and music.
Our Minister from Nicaragua and his wife want to see me smoke again and enjoy their local drink. Have to invite cigar smokers for a revolutionary 'private affair'
I'm I allowed to insert a different picture in the frame every week Mira?
Amila, as most of the time we understand each other pretty well I don't think I will need the Serb Croatian to Dutch dictionary a lot ...but you never know I start to write in another language... and maybe I can use it to communicate with Nicola when he teases me again...Thanks Nicola for hosting, your kitchen your toilet and your refrigerator and so much more...and to bring me home last night as a porter with all my gifts and presents..
Mira & Nicola et les autres we will have Chocofun pretty soon!
Benly I'm entitled to a virtual Mexican trip in that touristic envelope you gave me!
Captain Pisco! Future Minister of Marine and Other Naval Affairs, I will wear my decorations the day of your defense. Was not an order I got but a hint I suppose.
The three Musketeers + Aki... you are spoiling me as usual with thoughts, gifts and that album that will always be open on a page here in my room...so I can't forget you one single day.
Pato, Musketeer on duty to represent the other ones...wonderful to have you back here in town and around the whole weekend...If people are saying you always look the same at the pictures... well in a sense they are wrong and right...the fashion side is always different...the most beautiful smile... we don't want to miss thát one for a moment!
If suddenly, beautiful people,  you see new objects on my desk at the 'water thing'...they are all those smaller, bigger, light - and heavy weight objects that  I want to see permanently during the day...Caro, Jorge, Marielena ...you know what I mean.
Assiyeh & Stefania...pralines gone... (lucky me...both of you still there)... We, the Friday evening Dinner Club, couldn't resist the sweet temptation.
Did you all see, four of my best dancers ever reunited?... Diana, Helga, Marianna, and Stefania ...Elena Assoluta your spirit was there! Yes Ladies I promise: I will teach soon again!
Diana, Gianluca...I will read the book a.s.a.p...in need to cope with my mental suffering...thanks for helping.
I'm not sure Paolo Giordano's 'The Solitude of Prime Numbers' will help to forget your absence Maria Laura's but I will tell you when I finished the book.
There is still an unpacked present from Davide, but the meaning is that the mystery will be revealed later today in a Skype Video conference with some witnesses
Juancho, Pato, Saul, Nicola... the after party Tequila Night with some Nicaraguan Cigars... be prepared!... this coming Wednesday.
Alida thanks for the logistics., Jonathan also. And also a big thanks for the late cleaners!
Maca & Alida...so sweet you are guessing my clothes size is medium but I think you are over estimating my diet capacities at this moment ;-)
No Jenn...I don't forget you, My eternal DJ woman, pearl of Africa! Life saver in due time. I give you DISTINCTION!
Joanna, there is a whole in your shoe? Well there is one in my pocket!
Juliette & Yared... Did you solve the problem of Old and Wise...I did... I'm neither of them!
Ana, Assiyeh, Catherine, Elena, Maria Pasqual, Paola, Vero, we, I, could feel your presence the whole night, I send you my most warm feelings.
And to rest of the crowd....I can't address you all separately...but you can be convinced that every time I will cross you somewhere in the Institute's building or one day in your own country I will remember that you were there to share that unique moment with me. Thanks a lot for coming, bringing food, drinks, a good mood (Angélica!) and so much more.
For those who couldn't come, we, I missed you.

It was as I said at the beginning... ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC on Day Ten that my mind mourns a dissolved friendship. 

Always yours,
Guy. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guy, my main caracter,
Yeah! the same to you too pal!
and... stop that mourning thing will ye
Amor Amor Bart&Ilona

Stefania said...

Simply love u,...

Anonymous said...

Amazing Guy .........Amazing .....i'm glad to have shared all my time here with you..still more to come.

Goodness begets Goodness ...Jennifer